Due to the more than 20 years of experience as a provider of MBA programs according to the traditional Anglo-Saxon model, the OHM Professional School (OPS) is considered one of the most experienced business schools in Germany.
Within 18 or 24 months, our MBA participants develop essential knowledge in central areas of corporate governance in an international context, concurrent with their regular employment.
The program of the MBA is made up of 14 internationally oriented modules and two electives. We are thus able to provide comprehensive management training that also includes all functional areas of classic Business Studies.
Study weeks at partner universities in the United States and China enrich and strengthen the cultural competency of our participants.
The design of the program places a particular emphasis on a good balance of theoretical and practical teaching modules. Partner companies that are closely linked to the OPS also contribute toward the strong practical relevance with their comprehensive support, as do lectures by renowned executives and excursions.
You then complete your MBA program with a three-month Master’s thesis, which ideally is of particular practical relevance.
The learning atmosphere in the MBA program is characterized by multicultural diversity. Roughly 70% of program participants are of international origin.
The teaching and conversation language of the MBA program is solely English, which already serves to promote intercultural and social competence in the daily environment of the program.
Core subjects of the MBA program
- International Marketing
- International Supply Chain Management
- International Business Law
- International Accounting
- International Economics
- International Finance
- International Taxation
- Leadership in International Organizations
- Applied Leadership & Social Competence
- Intercultural Communication Competence
- Business Ethics
- Strategic Management
- Managerial Decisions
- Top Management Issues
Awards and accreditation
We at the OHM Professional School have been committed to quality and continuous improvement from the very beginning. As the MBA is carried out according to international standards and the Anglo-Saxon model, the OHM Professional School stands apart from other German universities.
The Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft (Association for the Promotion of Science and Humanities in Germany) in 2004 distinguished the Georg-Simon-Ohm Hochschule (Technische Hochschule Nürnberg since 2013) as the third-best university in the area of further education.
Since 2005 the General Management MBA has been ACQUIN accredited. In the course of the accreditation, the Master programs at the OHM Professional School (formerly Georg-Simon-Ohm Management Institute) were examined with regard to their content quality, their professional qualification, their modularization, their ECTS credit point system and their compliance with standard periods of study. Personnel, facilities, and quality management were further criteria that were assessed.
At the OHM Professional School you as a student opt for the program version that suits you best. Participants without a business background first complete a basic semester in order to develop elemental business management knowledge. Furthermore, you have the option to choose between the intensive and part-time program. You can then obtain your internationally recognized academic MBA title without giving up your job.
- International Marketing
- International Supply Chain Management
- Applied Leadership
- Social Competence
- International Communication Competence
- Business Ethics
- International Finance
- International Accounting and Controlling
- Managerial Decisions
- International Strategic Management I
- Company projects
- International Strategic Management II
- Project Management
- Digital Business
- Sustainable Management
During the entire study period, 2 electives have to be taken and completed by sitting an examination. The electives are often taught by guest lecturers and are on current economic issues. Below is a selection of previously offered electives (please note: not every subject is offered every semester):
- Portfolio Management
- Business Valuation
- International Projekt Management
- Organizational Change, Culture and Leadership
- HR Management
- Tourism Management
- Int. Projekt Management
- Business Negotiations
- Information Technology & Systems
- USA (Barry University Miami)
- China (Zhejiang University, Hangzhou)
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, the study weeks in Miami and China will not take place in 2021.
- Schwan Stabilo
- SIEMENS AG
- DATEV eG
- Dehn + Söhne GmbH & Co. KG
- Detecon International GmbH
- Fraunhofer IIS
After passing all examinations and coursework, a three-month written Master's thesis concludes the program.
To successfully pass the Master's thesis, it must be presented to the first examiner and an assessor and defended in a discussion. The defence comprises a 15-20 minute oral presentation and a 20-30 minute discussion. The defence of the Master's thesis is relevant for passing the examination and is graded "with success" or "without success". It can be repeated once. If the defence is also assessed as "unsuccessful" in the repetition, the Master's thesis is failed for the first time and may be repeated once.
- Teambuilding/Personal Development
- Soft-Skills Training
- Presentation Training
- Company Visits
- Guest Lectures
- Language Courses
Applicants for the MBA program must meet the following requirements for admission:
- University degree (Bachelor, Diploma, Master)
- At least two years of professional experience after graduation
- GMAT is recommended for foreign students
- Proof of English language proficiency through one of the following tests: TOEFL (550 points, 213 points computer-based or 85 points Internet-based), TOEIC (750 points) or IELTS (6.0)
- Personal admission interview with the head of the degree program
Objectives and Benefits
Objectives of the Master of Business Administration
- Personality development of MBA participants by supplementing traditional teaching content in business studies (hard skills) with leadership skills (soft skills)
- Direct international experience through roughly 70% foreign students, international guest lecturers, as well as field trips and study weeks at foreign partner universities
- Practical orientation of the MBA program through projects with companies, guest lectures by top managers and company visits
- Understanding of holistic management approaches
The MBA program is aimed at performance-oriented applicants with completed degrees and at least two years of professional experience, who are looking to acquire academically founded and practice-oriented business management know-how in the field of international business.
Benefits for participants
- Internationally recognized academic degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- International learning atmosphere due to roughly 70% international students
- Compatibility of job and education
- Targeted, advanced training for use in an international environment
- Comprehensive teaching of fundamental leadership skills (soft skills)
- Highly qualified professors and experts from practical management in various industries
- Close contact with internationally operating partner companies of the OHM Professional School
- Project-related Master’s thesis, preferably in cooperation with companies
Advantages for your company
- Attractive training benefit for high potentials
- Increased employee loyalty as well as incentive for employees
- Increased acceptance of employees when dealing with international customers
- Improved image through internationally recognized academic training of employees
- Establishment of an international network of experts and key personnel
The application deadline for the summer semester is 15 December (for applicants from non-EU countries) or 1 February (for applicants from Germany and other EU countries). Applications for the winter semester are accepted until 30 June (for applicants from non-EU countries) or 31 July (for applicants from Germany and other EU countries).
To apply for our programs, you must first complete the application form. In addition, please submit the following documents:
- Current passport photo
- Certified copy or copies of your university diplomas/certificates
- Current CV
- Certified copy of your TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS scores
- Proof of employment experience (minimum of 2 years)
- Motivational statement
- Two letters of recommendation
1. Download, fill in and send in the MBA application form
For your application you have to fully fill in the MBA application form and send it via email to email@example.com.
In addition you have to hand in the following documents:
- Recent photograph
- Certificate first university degree
- Copy of academic transcript (translated/English version)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of TOEFL (550 points, 213 points computer-based or 85 points internet-based), TOEIC (750 points) or IELTS (6,0) results
- Proof of 2 years professional experience after first university degree
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
2. Interview with the Admission Officer
The OHM Professional School (OPS) will review your application and conduct a pre-selection. If your application was complete and you are an eligible student you will receive an invitation for an interview. Applicants from abroad are allowed to have a telephone interview.
3. Final decision for admission
After a successful interview in addition to a complete application the OPS will make the final decision about your admission to the MBA program.
4. Preparation of your stay in Nuremberg
After paying the first installment please contact the German embassy in your home country regarding visa affairs, etc. Please make sure to care about your accommodation in Nuremberg as soon as possible. For applicants under the age of 30 you have to keep to the deadline for public dormitories.
Registration takes place in the week before the beginning of the semester. Your enrollment (matriculation) in the MBA program is valid from the first day of term. For this purpose, you must submit the following documents:
- Certified copy of degree certificate
- Certified copy of university entrance qualification
- In addition to the original certificate, foreign students also require a notarized German or English translation of their certificates
- Letter of admission
- Certificates or interim reports for practical activities following undergraduate degree (employment or work references)
- Confirmation of payment of registration fee for the 1st semester (bank receipt)
The investment for the MBA program at the OHM Professional School amounts to EUR 21,000. For each semester there is also an extra Semester Fee of EUR 127.
The study fees include all MBA courses, extensive documentation, and examination fees. Furthermore, the participants are able to use the IT infrastructure (PC labs, intranet, e-mail accounts) of the Nuremberg Institute of Technology, as well as the library.
Two methods of payment are available – depending on the program type:
Payment in 3 installments plus fee for the master thesis
- Total Investment: EUR 21,000
Payment in 4 installments
- Total Investment: EUR 21,000
- Your registration is only valid upon payment of the first installment.
- The installments are due at semester start.
- For every additional semester that goes beyond the standard period of study (incl. holiday semesters), you will be charged €300.
- The entire investment with regard to the MBA program is normally fully tax deductible as professional expenses.
If you have further questions regarding the payment you can contact Program Managerin Lea Bianca Hummel via email.
The courses of the MBA program are seminar-style. Group work, individual and group presentations, as well as case studies convey practical knowledge and also promote the development of social skills (“soft skills”). In addition, block seminars and workshops are also central elements of the MBA courses. Foreign excursions round off the program.
The MBA program at the OHM Professional School in Nuremberg starts twice a year:
Summer semester (15 March)
Winter semester (1 October).
Intensive program (evenings): 5 days a week
Normal program (evenings): 3 days a week
Workdays: 6:00 pm to 9:15 pm Saturdays: 8:30 am to 1:30 pm or 4:00 pm
Block weeks may take place occasionally during the semester (continuous blocked days – maximum of one week).
Graduates of the program are granted the internationally recognized academic degree of Master of Business Administration (MBA) by the Technische Hochschule Nürnberg.
Professors & Lecturers
- Professor for Sustainable Corporate Management, Entrepreneurship, Strategic and Operational Management, as well as General Business Administration at the Technische Hochschule Nürnberg
- Long-standing Managing Director of the Georg-Simon-Ohm Management-Institute (now OHM Professional School of the TH Nürnberg)
- Worked at Alcatel-Lucent Technologies and as a top management consultant at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
- Freelance consultant at steercom GmbH
- Active member in various professional associations (EBEN and DNWE, Deputy Chairman of the Institut persönlichkeit+ethik)
- Common Good Consultant
Professors and Lecturers
Areas of expertise
- Project Management
- Business Administration
- PhD in engineering (Dr.-Ing.) at the faculty Engineering in Dortmund
- Master of Science Business Administration at Fernuniversität Hagen
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) – Certification of the Project Management Institutes (PMI)
- Process Manager Expert (PcE) – Certification of TÜV Austria
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC) –Certification of International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI)Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) from scrum.org
- Professor at the University of Applied Science Dortmund
- More than 20 years experience in different industries
- Several management positions in international companies
- Consultant, Trainer, and Coach for Project Management of different companies, segments and countries
- Program Manager "European Master in Project Management“ and Professor for Project Management at the Department of Economics at Dortmund University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Professor of Business Administration, Organization, and Business Informatics at the Technische Hochschule Nürnberg
- Head of the BFI course till 2017
- Head of the MBA program for Non-Financials till 2017
- Emphasis on research and teaching in the conflict area of competition, innovative business models, and information systems
- Diplom-Kaufmann and Dr. rer. pol. at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Research stay at the European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management, Brussels
- Joint founder of 3 IT/Internet companies
- Many years of experience as a consultant for IT strategy, process, quality, and IT management
- Professor of Corporate Management and General Business Administration at the Technische Hochschule Nürnberg
- Head of the MBA for Financials program
- Research and teaching focus on Strategic and Operational Management, International Management, and Innovation Management
- Guest lecturer at American, Chinese, and Greek universities
- Management positions at Philips Kommunikations Industrie AG (Strategic Planning, Controlling, Product Management) and AT&T Corp.
- Management Position in Strategy, Business Administration and Business Excellence at Siemens in Germany and abroad
- Promotion at the University of Bayreuth
- Studied Business Engineering at the University of Karlsruhe (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology)
- Lecturer for European Union Law & International Law at King's College London since 2012
- Partner at PICKLING BURKHARDT since 2011; before that at one of the largest international law firms in Düsseldorf and London for seven years
- Specialized in complex, international conflicts, in particular representation in disputes arising from M&A contracts and issues regarding company, commercial, and contractual law, particularly in international arbitration
- Regular publications in his fields of expertise
- Admission to the bar in 2004
- 2004 Doctorate as Dr. jur. at the University of Freiburg based on a European law topic
- Studied Jurisprudence in Freiburg, Speyer, and at King's College London (MSc (Construction Law & Dispute Resolution))
Torsten M. Kühlmann
- Chair of Business Administration IV – Human Resources and Management at the University of Bayreuth
- Lectures in the fields of Personnel Management, Management, Organizational Behavior, International Assignments, etc.
- R&D in International Human Resources Management, International and Intercultural Business Relations, etc.
- Numerous monographs, journal articles, and book chapters in publisher editions
- Active member in various professional associations (Academy of Management, German Society of Psychology) and associations (Bayreuth Research Institute for Small and Medium-Sized Organizations at the University of Bayreuth, BF/M, Intercultural Communication Competence Network, FORAREA, Institute for International Communication and Foreign Cultural Exchange, IIK)
- Reviewer of various journals (Ergonomics, Management International Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, etc.)
- Assistant Lecturer at the OHM Professional School on the topic of “Applied Leadership”
- Independent consultant, Managing Director of Innovative Management & Strategic Solutions
- Participation in change projects, among others at Lufthansa Cargo AG or TÜV Rheinland AG
- Organization and presentation of workshops for executive committees and business management
- Consultation and coaching of executives as a “sparring partner”
Areas of expertise
- International Management
- Negotiation Strategies
- Applied Research Project
- Scientific Methods and Research
- Future Trends in International Business
Field of research
- The impact of additive manufacturing technologies /3D printing on global supply chains
- Adoption challenges and business models for 3D printing
- Negotiating successful buyer supplier relationships
- Practical implications of cross cultural business negotiations
- Professor of Economics, in particular Macroeconomics, Financial and Monetary Policy, as well as Happiness Research at the Technische Hochschule Nürnberg since 1995
- Various functions in the Faculty of Business Administration
- Many years of professional experience as an economist at the German Central Bank
- R&D activities in the field of Macroeconomics, Financial and Monetary Policy, as well as Happiness Research
- Various publications as well as speeches and lectures at companies, associations, universities, etc.
- Interview with Bayrischer Rundfunk on the subject of happiness research
- Member of the working group “Contentedness” at the Denkwerkzukunft foundation
- Lecturer for International Marketing at the OHM Professional School
- Professor for Business Administration, in particular Marketing at the Hochschule Ansbach
- Teaching activities in the area of (International) Marketing, Intercultural Communication, Intercultural Management, Marketing and Management, Organization and Inter-Personal Communication Techniques
- Studied Business Administration at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen / Nuremberg (1985 – 1991)
- Obtained the academic degree of Doctor of Social and Economic Sciences (Dr. rer. Soc. oec) at the University of Economics Vienna, Austria (1995)
- 6 years of professional experience at Siemens AG in Erlangen (Commercial Project Manager and Marketing)
- R&D activities in the fields of Intercultural Communication and International Marketing
- Author of 2 books, several articles, and lectures
- Visiting Professor in master programs at the Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain, at the University of Salamanca, Spain, and at Saarland University, Germany
- Professor of Finance and Mathematics at the TH Nürnberg
- The focus of his research lies in the area of Company Valuation and Derivatives
- Regular presentations on company valuation at international conferences
- Several years of practical experience as investment manager at Allianz AG as well as reviewer for company valuations
- Owner of the Management Consultancy EDV & Marketing Service
- Specialization in computer-aided marketing training
- Certified seminar leader for Topsim business simulations
- Marketing management simulations among others for Nixdorf AG, Siemens AG, debis AG
- Assistant Lecturer in Marketing at the Technische Hochschule Nürnberg
- Lecturer at the OHM Professional School of the TH Nürnberg since 2004
- Lecturer for Marketing and Data Processing at the Kolping Akademie Nürnberg
- Chairman of the Board of the Innovationswerkstatt
- Professor of Logistics, Distribution, and Trade at the Technische Hochschule Nürnberg, previously Professor of Logistics and Supply Chain Management at the Hochschule Hof
- PhD with Professorship at Friedrich-Alexander-University (FAU), Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Many years of practical consulting experiences in the logistics industry
- Regular presentation and consulting activities in the area of logistics
- Specialization in Distribution and Commercial Logistics, Outsourcing, and Process Management
- Long-term member in the BVL and BME
- Professor of International Business at the Technische Hochschule Nürnberg since 2011
- Professor of Controlling and International Management at the Hochschule Augsburg from 2006 to 2011
- International professional experience in various banks, consumer goods, and commercial companies (i.e. Vereinsbank, Tengelmann, adidas AG, Quelle/Neckermann)
- Various teaching and research stays in Australia, the Netherlands, Spain, South Africa, Belgium, France, Dubai
- Studied International Business Administration at the Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, the Ecole Supérieur de Commerce, Chambery (France), and Aston Business School in Birmingham (England)
- Doctorate at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität, Erlangen-Nürnberg in the area of Market Oriented Shareholder Value
It´s all about bringing out the leader in you!
Vaidehi Rege, MBA student
I would go for this again!
Sabine Roth, Engineer
My best decision
Larba Nadieba, Senior Management Consultant, Detecon International GmbH
A lot of good reasons for the MBA
Pramod Balaji, ELEKTRO ANLAGEN PRIVATE LIMITED
The OHM Professional School has been cooperating with student recruitment agents for many years. Our agents offer a range of services designed to help our students and prospective candidates before the start of their MBA studies. They offer support with visa matters, the application process and financing of the stay in Germany.
Abroad Education Counsel & Immigration Services
No. 19, 1st Floor , MOBAS Tower
Bull Temple Road (above Pizza Hut)
Near Ramakrishna Ashram Circle
Bangalore - 560004
Phone: +91 80 41281672
Head Office: No 1, 1st Floor, 21st Main, Banashankari 2nd Stage,
Near B.D.A Complex, Opp to Pizza Hut,
Bangalore - 560070
Phone: +91 80 42030300, 26716426
Mobile: +91 90 60347527
Global Education Consultancy Services
181/2, RV Road, VV Puram
Bangalore - 560004
Phone: +91 80 40802222
G-81, Second Floor, Middle Circle
Connaught Circus, New Delhi - 110001
Phone: +91 11 41501621
The Princeton Review
7/2, Ground Floor
Okhla Industrial Area, Phase-II
New Delhi - 110020
Phone: +91 11 40500900-99
PT. Media Edukasi Internasional
Irene Maylone (Chief Executive Officer)
Jl. Tegal Sari IV No. 45
Tangerang - 15118
Phone: +62 21 55 18 315
Fax: +62 21 55 766 431
German head office:
Fürther Straße 27
90429 Nuremberg, Germany
How to find us
OHM Professional School
Technische Hochschule Nürnberg
Arriving on the A9: At the motorway intersection Nürnberg go to the A3 towards Würzburg and take exit Nürnberg-Mögeldorf. Turn onto the ST2241 (Laufamholzstraße) in the direction of Nürnberg and follow the road via Ostendstraße until you get to Kressengartenstraße.
Arriving on the A3: Take exit Nürnberg-Mögeldorf to leave the motorway. Turn onto ST2241 (Laufamholzstraße) in the direction of Nürnberg and follow the road via Ostendstraße until you get to Kressengartenstraße.
Arriving on the A6: At the motorway intersection Nürnberg-Ost go to the A9 towards Berlin. At the motorway intersection Nürnberg change to the A3 and take exit Nürnberg-Mögeldorf. Turn onto ST2241 (Laufamholzstraße) in the direction of Nürnberg and follow the road via Ostendstraße until you get to Kressengartenstraße.
Arriving on the A73: At the motorway intersection Fürth-Erlangen go to the A3 towards Regensburg and take exit Nürnberg-Mögeldorf. Turn onto ST2241 (Laufamholzstraße) in the direction of Nürnberg and follow the road via Ostendstraße until you get to Kressengartenstraße.
By public transportation
Taking the S-Bahn: Take S1 in the direction of Lauf or S2 in the direction of Feucht/Altdorf from the Main Railway Station (Hauptbahnhof) to Dürrenhof station. The school is a 3-minute walk from there.
Alternatively you can use tramway line 5, from the Main Railway Station, in the direction of Tiergarten. Get off at Dürrenhof station and walk 3 minutes to reach the School.