Das Bild zeigt eine Abbildung der Welt und im Hintergrund bewegen sich Menschen.

Working in Germany - During your studies

As a foreign student in Germany, you willvreceive a study visa.

A study visa usually allows you to work part-time: 120 days or 240 half-days within a calendar year (for more information visit: http://www.internationale-studierende.de/en/prepare_your_studies/financing/jobbing/).

In case you want to work more than part-time, you will need permission from the Office for Foreign Affairs / Ausl├Ąnderamt in Nuremberg.

Please note: Your work activities should not affect your studies!

Working in Germany - After your studies

After your graduation you can apply for a visa extension of 1.5 years. The only purpose of the visa extension is to allow you to search for an appropriate job after you graduate.

Tax card

A tax card is a prerequisite for working in Germany. You can obtain a tax card at the registration office in Nuremberg.

Please bring the following documents with you:

  • Valid passport
  • Student identity card

For more information, please refer to the following website: