Das Bild zeigt ein Schloss, in welchem ein Schlüssel steckt.


1. Students younger than 30 years can apply for accommodation at the Studentenwerk (Student Service Association).

There are service agreements between the OHM Professional School and the local student service association. Please contact our program managers. They will assist you with the dormitories application process.

Noteworthy facts:

  • The first payment and deposit have to be transferred before the semester starts, otherwise your room will be offered to another applicant.
  • Women-only residential accommodation is available.
  • Please note: There is only a limited number of public student apartments available. First come, first serve!

2. For applicants older than 30 years there are several apartment houses. There you have to expect about EUR 300,- to EUR 400,- for monthly rental expenses.

3. Students who are coming with their families need to either search on the private housing market for furnished apartments or can benefit from a relocation service and may stay in a hotel for the first few weeks.

Registration of Residence

Within two weeks after your arrival in Nuremberg, you are obligated to register with the city of Nuremberg (Registration Office / Einwohnermeldeamt).

Only after finding permanent accommodation (you need your rental contract to register), you can apply for your residence permit in Nuremberg. For that please go to the Office for Foreign Affairs (Ausländeramt) and apply for a permanent residence permit, which will be valid for one year. This must be done within three months after entering Germany at the latest. After making this application (the form is in German, but you can get assistance from our Program Managers at OPS), the Office for Foreign Affairs will provide you with an appointment approximately eight weeks after handing in this application.

To get your residence permit you have to provide:

  • Biometric picture
  • Security deposit in a blocked account
  • Proof of health insurance
  • Proof of matriculation
  • Valid passport
  • Fee of EUR 100,-

The authorities will contact you again two months before your residence permit expires and let you know how to proceed.

Please note:

  • Make copies of your confirmation of registration, since various institutes will request it as proof of your address.
  • You need to report any subsequent changes in your address to the registration office.