Important information regarding your visa
Depending on your country of origin, the entry requirements for the Federal Republic of Germany will vary. Therefore, please inquire about your specific entry requirements with the relevant diplomatic representative (German embassy or consulate) in your home country before or during your application process for our MBA program.
You are not permitted to enter Germany with only a tourist visa if you intend to study in Germany. Furthermore, you will not be able to change an existing tourist visa for study purposes after you have entered the Federal Republic of Germany.
Visa for Study Applicants
All international students have to apply for a study visa at the German embassy / consulate in their home countries. In order to receive a visa as an applicant for a course of studies, the following documents are usually required (additional local requirements may vary):
- Completed visa application forms available at the German embassy/consulate
- Valid passport
- Letter of admission from the OHM Professional School
- Proof of financial resources *
- Proof of health insurance**
* Proof of financial resources: In order to meet the student visa requirements, all foreign students have to demonstrate availability of sufficient funds. You are obligated to deposit EUR 10,332,- per year or EUR 861,- per month for your planned stay (up to 12 months at a time) into a German blocked account when applying for a student visa to Germany. This amount is based on the BAföG, a set of laws, which regulate state funding for students in Germany. As these numbers are subject to change, please contact your embassy/consulate in advance to confirm the amount you need to deposit.
Note that some providers of blocked accounts offer bundles with health insurance as well.
** Proof of health insurance: The German embassy or consulate ask you to provide proof of health insurance covering the whole period of your stay in Nuremberg. We advise you not to simply take out travel health insurance in your home country, as German authorities might not accept this. There is enough time after your arrival in Germany to conclude a German health insurance contract. Monthly fees for compulsory insurance for students vary depending on the insurance company, on average they cost about EUR 100,-. Students who are older than 30 years of age must take out private insurance. Here they can choose from different scales and fees accordingly.
After submitting all the required documents, it will take about up to some months for the visa application to be processed. You will then be issued an entry visa for Germany, which is valid for three months. Within these three months of arrival, you need to apply for a residence permit for the remaining time until your depart from Germany. To obtain this residence permit, please make an appointment with the Office for Foreign Affairs Nuremberg.
You must apply for a visa extension within three months after your arrival in Germany. To obtain a visa extension, you need an appointment with the Office for Foreign Affairs Nuremberg either by phone or in person.
Please take the following documents with you to get the extension:
- Completed visa extension form*
- Matriculation certificate
- Bank account statement
- Insurance document
*The visa extension form is only available in German. If you need help to fill in the form, feel free to contact our Program Managers.
For further general information, please refer to the following website: